What are the advantages of Bioremediation?
Bioremediation is an attractive option for the remediation of hydrocarbon contaminants. The following are a few of the advantages & reasons why you should consider this innovative process and the related EnviroLogic Products.
- The process is an ecologically safe and natural process. It is "natures way" of solving contamination problems.
- Bioremediation is cost effective. The process is generally 60-70% less costly than other technologies.
- Little disruption of surrounding, non-contaminated areas.
- Virtually no investment in "capital equipment".
- Can remediate areas that are not easily accessible or inaccessible to other technologies.
- Bioremediation can be accomplished in-place (In Situ) thereby eliminating the hazard of "off-site" contamination caused by digging, hauling and transporting of contaminants to other areas.
- Air quality and air pollution concerns from volatile chemical evaporation are eliminated.
- After bioremediation is completed, the environment is virtually restored to its pristine condition.
- The process poses no health or safety risks to your employees thereby reducing insurance costs.
Is Bioremediation approved by the EPA - U.S. Environmental Protection Agency?
According to EPA Publication 640/k-93/002: "The United States is the world leader in field implementation of bioremediation, an attractive alternative to conventional methods of cleaning up persistent hazardous wastes in the environment." It further goes on to state, "The potential use of bioremediation technologies is significant, as federal & state governments, private industry and others responsible for environmental cleanup efforts add it to their arsenals of methods for environmental reclamation.
What is Bioremediation?
Bioremediation is the process of using naturally occurring, safe and beneficial micro-organisms to degrade environmentally harmful contaminants and turn them into non-toxic compounds. In particular, these organisms will break down most petroleum hydrocarbons and transform them into carbon dioxide (CO2) & water. Further, this natural process will produce valuable bio-nutrients that can be utilized by both plant and aquatic life. The process of Bioremediation is listed as one of the United States Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) innovative technologies.
Why are Environmental Solution, Inc. Bioremediation Products the best on the market?
The microbes utilized in our products are in an active preparation, ready to be used. Unlike other remediation products, our products require no special solutions, no special mixing and no waiting period before application. The simple addition of water (salt or fresh) activates our products. They are easy to use and therefore require very little training of personnel. All of these factors translate into cost savings for the user. Environmental Solution, Inc. was developed to bring the innovative technology of Bioremediation into everyday use. We have the most extensive line of products available to solve your hydrocarbon contamination problems from the past and prevent those problems in the future.